It is never an accident
Even for the most defensive and safe drivers, collisions between cars, motorcycles, trucks, trains, ATV’s and other vehicles will occur and can not be avoided. In 2018, there were over 6.7 million motor vehicle crashes with 1.8 million injuries and over 33,000 fatalities. 1,000 of those fatalities were in Tennessee. https://cdan.nhtsa.gov/STSI.htm#
Alcohol, drugs, lack of sleep, texting, speeding and other distractions are all potential reasons for recklessness that impact our lives and daily health. A collision can cause physical problems as well as emotional stress. When you are in a wreck? Follow our wreck checklist below:
Auto Accident Checklist
- Stay Calm. When you become angry and upset, it is difficult to think clearly. Your comments and actions may be brought into the legal process.
- Call for help and get checked out where appropriate. Remember adrenaline is released by the body at times of stress and can hide the immediate effects of an injury, it is a good idea to cover all basis, after all, it is your body/health/life get checked out
- Try and take pictures of the vehicles and area of the collision.
- Look for potential witnesses. Try and get names and contact information.
- Speak with your attorney before meeting or speaking with the other party’s insurance adjuster. Insurance adjusters may use anything you say against you.
- Follow up with your doctor to go over all of your symptoms. After an accident you should mention any unusual pain, tingling, twinges, etc no symptom is too small to mention many times this is just the beginning of an injury developing.
- Keep a journal of how you feel day-to-day. As you heal and time passes it will be more difficult to remember clearly exactly when you achieved milestones with your healing and returning to your everyday life.
When to hire an attorney after a car accident
If there is a death or serious injury as a result of the wreck, you should contact your lawyer as soon as possible. Even seemingly minor injuries can cause permanent issues later in life.
Insurance companies can be difficult to work with often trying to pay out the least amount of money possible. When you work with Davis, Kessler & Davis, we will fight for everything you deserve and will make the entire process as easy as possible. We are a family-oriented, powerful team that will see your case all the way through to the end, unlike many large firms that participate in TV ads and will only try to settle your case as fast as possible. We do not screen calls! When you call us, you will talk with Floyd, Nick, Andy, Robert, Roger, Bradley to get your case started.
Where can I get information for a car accident attorney?
In Franklin County Tennessee, call Davis, Kessler & Davis Winchester Office 931-967-7000.
In Chattanooga and Hamilton County Tennessee, call Davis, kessler & Davis Chattanooga office 423-267-7000.
With two offices, we have the best car accident and personal injury lawyers near you.